Department: Nursing Management
Location: Cintocare, Menlyn Maine, Pretoria
Closing Date: 22 May 2023
We seek an experienced Theatre Manager to manage our state-of-the-art Theatre complex, including a Hybrid Theatre.
This position will report directly to the Nursing Manager. The successful candidate will lead a team by facilitating, enabling and supporting nursing staff to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care in a cost-sensitive, changing healthcare environment and ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and legislation.
- Staff recruitment.
- Staff orientation and training.
- Clinical care management.
- Management of a safe patient environment.
- Financial and business process management.
- Effective theatre utilization.
- People management.
The following requirements are a prerequisite to be considered for the position:
- BCur degree or Diploma in Nursing Science.
- Postgraduate qualification in Operating Theatre Nursing is essential.
- Competency in BLS and ALS will be an advantage.
- Postgraduate qualification in Nursing Management or Administration will be an advantage.
- Registration with SANC (South African Nursing Council).
- Proficient computer skills.
- A minimum of 3 years of Theatre management experience.
- Experience in specialized ENT, Maxillofacial, Neuro and Vascular surgery will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Empathy and compassion.
- Adaptable and resilient.
- Service Orientated.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Value diversity and apply values in the workplace.
- Assertive, confident, and friendly.
- Innovative, independent and resilient.
- Self-motivated with excellent time-management skills.
- Well-developed organisational, interpersonal decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Skilled in stock control, budgeting and billing.
- Strong administration skills.
Please send a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from the Cintocare Human Resource Department within one month of your application, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Cintocare will contact short-listed candidates only.
Cintocare is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, contact Cintocare on (012) 945-3000.